View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Scum?

At worst, he’s a money whore and bad entrepreneur, but scum seems like a stretch.
Yeah. He still has the same good points he’s always had: great “feel” drummer with subtlety, fascinating showmanship, keen pop and blues instincts, musical boldness, and so on. His bad points are still bad—actually, he became a figure of ridicule quite awhile back, maybe the episode where he sold wine at Costco. After that low, his business ventures almost all seemed whorey (always capitalizing on the Fleetwood Mac name to hock garbage that felt like a pyramid scheme product). Nowadays, many of us laugh at him more than take delight in his musical work, which is probably not the impression he most wants to leave us with.

Quote:
I seem to remember Bob Welch saying that Mick was the only member of the band (SYW lineup) who was willing to play a benefit show for Wendy. He also had choice words for Stevie and Lindsey.
Really? What? I missed that interview.

Quote:
Anyway, if the choice was between replacing Lindsey or disbanding...I mean, if they didn’t disband over Peter Green, they certainly weren’t over Lindsey Buckingham.
The band’s zombie syndrome (never dying after getting hacked up) has been both a blessing and a curse, sometimes both at once. For example: in the middle of a bland, listless, “acty” set in 1987, the band with two new guys played ferociously and achingly on “Don’t Let Me Down Again” and “Another Woman.” Two concert highlights in my lengthy exposure to their live shows that I did not expect at all.

moviekinks.blogspot.com