View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 02:27 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
As has been pointed out before about that guitar throwing: everyone remembered that Lindsey did something to Stevie. But they could not remember exactly what. Stevie thought that Lindsey flicked his foot at her. This is what they said first, when they first spoke of the drama. Then all of a sudden, years later, she thought of the guitar throwing. I don’t think her memory improved over time. So what she said last is not the most accurate version of events to me.
I don't believe Lindsey kicked Stevie. I suspect Lindsey was trying to trip Stevie. He was drunk and
probably though it was hilarious. If I remember correctly, Lindsey intentionally played out of tune at this same concert. When Christine slapped Lindsey after the concert, it was probably for his overall behavior and not for kicking Stevie.

Stevie seems to have a tendency to add other people's stories to her own. One example would be the time she said she shot baskets with Prince, in his high heels, after recording Stand Back.

I doubt seriously that Lindsey would have thrown a Les Paul at Stevie. If it had hit her it could have caused major injuries. She may have 'borrowed' elements of two stories. Stevie hung out with Heart for a while. Nancy Wilson's boyfriend Roger Fisher once threw a piece of a guitar at her. It almost hit her head. It seems possible that Stevie may have liked this story and added it to her own. Wasn't it a black Les Paul that Danny Kirwan smashed?