Thread: I Want You Back
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
It was a single from the album, released in 1983. I think "Angel Come Home," with Christine and Billy Burnette was also a single. I really like both songs...very Fleetwood Mac-ish. Christine plays and sings on a couple of songs. The title track "I'm Not Me" is good too. Then there is some cheesy generic stuff, most of which is courtesy of George Hawkins and Steve Ross; Mick's band buddies who contributed songs, instruments and vocals. I'm not a big fan of them. Still, too bad the album has never been released on CD. I bought the album when it came out, and also have a cassette version.

I don't agree with your "cheesy" description (but, to each their own), I think it's one great album through & through. Love the cover of Annie McLoone's "Tonight" (which used to be one of the featured tunes in Walter Egan's concert set when Annie was singing with Walter); and the old Lloyd Price hit "Just Because". "You Might Need Somebody" sounds like it could've been a Christine McVie song.

I like how Lindsey or Christine (but, my bet is on the former) pinched the sax riff from "State Of The Art" to use as the main riff for "Little Lies".