View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
It’s more than a shame — it’s actually kind of embarrassing — that a big career retrospective on TV for Christine didn’t feature some big names. Where are all the big stars who have loved her music all these decades? Where’s McCartney? Phil Collins? Stevie Winwood? Clapton? Elton? They should be in a TV special like this one, praising Chris for her one-of-the-boys musicianship, pioneering spirit, and songwriting hooks. Why do all the superstars only come out for Stevie Nicks every f*cking time?
Look, at some point you get tired of carrying a girl’s books home from school and start resenting her for it. When the producer calls and asks if you want to participate, you’re just, “Light up or leave me alone.”

But you’re right. And why don’t other women call Christine a pioneer? I can see why young women romanticize about Stevie and her showmanship. In Stevie’s lyric speak to me as well.

Why aren’t Linda Ronstadt or Dolly Parton or the Dixie Chicks talking about Christine for her musicianship? That dame. People can’t get past Little Lies.