Thread: Nicks McNuggets
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
7. “Blue Denim” (from Street Angel, 1994)
Recorded during her exit from Fleetwood Mac and in the throes of a nasty Klonopin addiction, Street Angel is her least-loved LP by some margin, stalling out at No. 45 on the Billboard 200. Shame, since it features “Blue Denim,” which captures Nicks beautifully in her element even as it evokes Chrissie Hynde. “It's a song about this guy who came into my life, but left just as quick,” she told WDVE, referring to Buckingham. “And his eyes were that intense.” The music is just as bedazzling.

6. “For What It’s Worth” (from In Your Dreams, 2011)
In Your Dreams is Nicks’ version of James Taylor’s October Road, Graham Nash’s This Path Tonight or Van Morrison’s Keep Me Singing: rich, autumnal listens in which a 1970s troubadour audited their history from the vantage point of a new millennium. “For What It’s Worth” is a touching tribute to Tom Petty, and the gem of the bunch. “What you did was you saved my life / I won’t forget it,” she sings, referring to a tour with the Heartbreakers. The song vaulted to No. 26 on the Adult Contemporary chart.

who wrote this? did they do any research?

FWIW- she is on film saying was about Derek Taylor and how he accompanied her on her tour right out of rehab.....

Lindsey hardly came into her life and"left just as quick"....unless you count 40+ years as "quick"
I just can't help but go on record to state that the top ten is nice but these two songs are among my very least favourite from Stevie.