View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 03:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
The fact is, the desire to get rid of Lindsey was probably there since 1980. It became possible once Christine came back.
They had that, though, from 1987-91.

I think Lindsey had been going out of his way to accommodate Stevie since 2009, and just quit once Christine was back in the picture, and things got much worse.

Quote:
And Stevie was surely angry after Buckingham McVie.
If LBCM actually factored into it, which I don’t believe it did, it wasn’t because of Stevie. She was too busy with her own tour. No, it would have been because of Christine. The LBCM tour was the first time in 33 years that she was playing smaller venues that were only 3/4 capacity, if that. A far cry from what she was used to.

Read what she’s said about Christine Perfect, Christine McVie, BTM, Time, and ITM. Why would LBCM be any different? Sure, she had fun doing LBCM and wasn’t in favor of his ouster, but something on the scale of LBCM wasn’t how she wanted to go out. Given the choice of playing the United Center or an amphitheater at a Six Flags, of course she’s going to pick United Center. Why shouldn’t she want to be an arena rocker, especially as part of a band whose musical journey she’s been a part of since April, 1968, ten months after the band was formed and four months before she married John and before Danny joined?

Quote:
But the belief that it would work on a business level may have come after The Classic. I’m sure Azoff wasn’t telling them to keep Lindsey after that.
Agreed.

THE Stephen Hopkins