View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
I think most of us know that everyone has flaws, including Stevie and every single member of this band. People on here who like Stevie and her solo work just get fed up with the regular trashing of her and her fans.

It is ok for us to attempt to get across out point of view, just once in a while.
I agree there is no need to trash a poster for his/her opinions if you disagree with them.... just disagree with their opinion. We can disagree without being disagreeable.

I'm a Stevie fan, so if anyone thinks I'm a twit, so be it.

I'm also majorly just a fan of the entire BAND... I have and will continue to see all of them solo and in whatever configuration the band is at any point in time.

I think there is a bit of snobbery among those who are fans of the band towards those who really are only fans of one individual member, i.e. those who would not go see FM if their favorite member was not there (be that Stevie, Lindsey, or Christine). I think it strikes some people as odd those fans would come into this, the BAND forum, and then get upset at what they read, rather than just go to the forum dedicated to their favorite member. If anyone is totally in love with one particular band member, that's great, and there are places where you can marinate in all that love and never hear a bad word. In the band forum, where people talk about ALL the members of the band --- good AND bad, annoying AND endearing traits-- you might hear comments that aren't so flattering about the band member you adore. Especially in times like this, where people feel somewhat ripped off if you like at not seeing all the promise that came with Christine's return being fulfilled.

Stevie said forever how much she missed Christine and would love for her to come back. Well, finally she did..... and Stevie did what feels like a 180 and said "I'm not interested in working on new stuff with FM after all". Does she have this right? Absolutely. Do people feel she's responsible for squashing the dream of the return of the 5? Indeed they do. It isn't really anything to do with does she have the right to do what makes her happy. It's more about the TIMING. Like, "really, you're going to play that card NOW??"

She adds insult to injury when she piles on comments like finding FM tours boring, and working with Lindsey when she "has to" and whatnot. Do we know all the behind-the-scenes drama that may be contributing to this? No.

People need to be able vent their frustration and dashed hopes about the band with others who share that pain. That shouldn't mean bashing other people......but this being The Ledge..... a few digs here and there are pretty tame.