View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferuk View Post
I'm still energized & giddy...such a brilliant show. A few more randoms:

CM is more stunning in person than I remembered. She's healthy looking & so radiant from her lovely wavy hair to her sparkley shoes. My husband isn't as into music but comes along commented on her 'wow' factor. He knows her more from the down to earth interviews I've watched, respects her as a fellow Brit (loves her wit, humour), and now gets it.

I'm not astute enough musically to say what she doesn't play, but she likes to keep her hands busy & clearly played GoP (as mentioned above). I think you all know she's got a small autocue /teleprompter on her keyboard stand but I never saw her use it. I'm not sure the maracas actually shake but I can't say it bothered me.

Agree about the lack of publicity & familiarity, and a Tuesday night is a challenge for many. Today at work I repeatedly played the 'which concert were you at' game, finally just saying that I saw 2 from FM, then it was 'oh cool'.

I'm forever amazed that people can buy front row seats & not once stand, dance, etc. I'd combust.

I enjoyed watching the setup post Wilderado: Christine's tech adjusting the keys, dusting them off with a paintbrush, her assistant (I assume) setting up her two blue Solo cups (bottled water, straws), Federico popping out to look at his bass collection (he was out a few times before Wilderado opened).

I adore how Chris & Linds simply stroll out at show time: no fanfare, just here we are.

The band members have great rapport, fun, & interaction with CM. Jimmy had posted Instagram pics the night before of him, Brett, Federico at the cinema to see the Dixie Chicks film (Jimmy is in that) & I heard Brett & Federico mention it while Linds was introducing Jimmy.

There was a front row couple who kept trying to get selfies /photos of themselves with Chris & Linds & they struggled to do so. Linds seemed amused & pointed them out to Chris. It pleased me when they had a random moment or laugh. Of course his expressions are legendary.

I can only hope their creating & performing makes another run. Theirs is the first album in years I've listened to on continued repeat & without skipping a track. What a gift.
Agree on the front row folks sitting down--how?!?! Chris looks totally at ease with the band and they're all relaxed and having a blast. You're right about them strolling out too, like they're going to get the newspaper at the end of the driveway.