View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
definitely looks like it!

unfortunately, the time is not on their side. and Fleetwood Mac tour smacked right in the middle of their creative period is not helping one bit. i wish the FM tour is fragmented into little pieces in between which they can all do what they actually really want to do - kinda like this year's activities, with different band members and combinations doing what they love, and then coming together as FM here and there for people who want to see the whole band.

instead, we will probably have a massive mammoth 2 year FM tour going throughout 2018-19.

many other bands alternate between touring solo, and with different bands and combinations - so considering how little time they have left, that should definitely be something FM should consider. 2014-15 OWTS tour really threw a wrench into many individual (and together!) band members' creative and touring efforts for basically 3 years.
That would make a lot of people happy, starting by some members of the band. Time is not on their side, I agree, so they should make a decision quick.

Maybe the tension in the air during the Classics had something to do with that. Maybe Lindsey is trying to negotiate some solo time between the FM tour, and he's getting nowhere. I really hope he's gonna try because that would work for many of us.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.