Thread: Tour Dates
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2017, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
They're not lowering the high end seats any. They still expect you to shell out $300 or so to sit in the front rows.

Hardcores willing to pay that kind of money will make up the monetary shortfall from the unsold cheaper seats, I think. Now, the unsold seats' effect on the ego... that's another matter.
now, somebody toild me they were looking at other acts their age / price range in the same venues, and Don Henley in same venues was selling about the same seat numbers, except his shows were coming up much sooner so he was really in a worse shape.... never stopped Henley from touring and high prices yet.... i do think his front row prices are higher though. and i don't think it ever hurt his ego from what i've been hearing.

what i don't like is that BuckVie platinums in some venues showed up immediately for a very reasonable prices (Chicago front row was $250 / no fees the first day of presales!) while in others they showed up much later, by which time hardcores may have already paid even high scalper prices so that source of income is now gone. and those prices are all over the place. and the "cheap seats" are not really cheap. ideally there would be a parger sperad between really high end plats and cheap seats. of course, i bought some far away $20 seats (no fees!) for some of the shows becuase i was annoyed by no plats and high scalper prices.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"