View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by THD View Post
Thank you so much Ms Moose- I hope I am Proven wrong But even more so I hope I'm proved right ,as I would then be really impressed with myself !

I saw them 7 or 8 times whilst Peter was in the band , and a further 4 times before they settled in the US . I wish I'd seen them more, but I was still a schoolboy at the start,(well actually up till Peter left !!) and I guess I was still getting pocket money from my parents ,and this had to pay for records and everything else , sheet music and saving up for a better guitar, and a few performaces by other people Cream, Jimi Hendrix, Aysley Dunbar Retaliation , John Lee Hooker etc

I will post my memories of each one if you like, but which is the best thread to do it on ? I mean, I wasn't the only one at these events, and I 'd love for it to jog other peoples memories ,but they won't find them on a Colour Me Pop thread will they ? Or maybe they will!
I can appreciate your dilemma - having to choose between all these fantastic musicians and performances(I am not envious )! You are so lucky having the right age, and being in the right place at the right time.

Thank you for answering my questions. Did you really see FM and BB King? I wish there were audios (and films too) of those concerts.

We would LOVE to have you post all your memories. Great idea with the new thread and the idea of copying them onto the new thread.
No wonder "the teens" are also called the formative years: important experiences, sight, sound and smell seems to make a lasting impression as they have with you. Fantastic!

Ms Moose