View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember in 87 on the Tango In The Night tour, it was a little different because Lindsey CHOSE to leave the band.
So it felt like the fans still showed up to support the band. And Rick and Billy did a great job and they sounded great. Lindsey was missed, but the band still sounded great.

I'm sure, based on decades of watching Mike Campbell play with the Heartbreakers, that the upcoming shows will sound amazing. But I think for most of us, it will be beyond bittersweet knowing that Lindsey was kicked out of the band.

I will most likely sit this tour out, unless I can find an affordable ticket and it's a convenient time to go. But I won't be paying off the chart ticket prices or taking any great pains to see them. If it's easy, I'm there. But that's about all the commitment they'll get out of me.

I don't need to see another greatest hits show -- it was getting a little predictable even with Lindsey still touring with them.
Will save my pennies for Lindsey's solo tour and all the great bands out there who are still making great music (and getting along with each other --- The National, Local Natives (the new Fleetwood Mac of LA), Wilco, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Gillian Welch...)

Last edited by dontlookdown; 04-18-2018 at 11:40 PM..