View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 10:51 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I'd like to briefly bring Christine into this discussion.

Although I'm disappointed in her staying with Mick and Fleetsham Mac, I understand why she made the choice. Mick and John have been part of her life since she was in her early 20s. Mick, for all his shortcomings, remained her friend during her retirement, and was the one who helped her get on board that first airplane flight when she came out of retirement. This is the band in which she belongs. I am sure she is not happy that Lindsey, her creative partner and friend, is gone. But she is probably thinking the same that many on this board have expressed: that she is not getting any younger, and if she wants one last crack at the mega-touring experience, this is it.

All that being said, what I want out of this debacle is for Christine and Lindsey to work together again after the Sham tour is over. I am hoping for a BuckVie II, in other words. I honestly do not want a reunion of the five fireflies. When Stevie got Lindsey fired, she burned that bridge down to the ground.
Well said. I harbor no ill will towards Christine. I would love to see BuckVie II. For that matter, I would love to see Lindsey form his own band. Not just a solo thing with session musicians, but a real live band. He's got enough years left in him to be a relevant creative force. The others have been relegated to elevator music with their new incarnation.