View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
First off - the notion of girls bulking up like guys - I've heard that basically impossible unless you take all sorts of supplements and work the weights like mega-crazy...women and men are just built differently - so basically we don't automatically bulk up like men by doing regular everday weight training and exercise

I was SO sore yesterday - could barely walk But again, it was a good sore, I'm getting better at the gym - and it was the first real leg workout I'd done in months.

I just went to the gym again this morning (just cardio) and stewed at Mexican Soap Opera woman. I can't seem to beat her there - every time I alter my time - she's there...I think she must camp out there all morning
You're right. For years women have not been lifting heavy enough weights because of that myth. To bulk up you'd have to really try or be a mesomorph body type. Even still, you can pack on a lot of muscle before looking bigger. I'm finding it is making me look smaller. Muscle weighs more than fat. Although some say that has also been overstated. I do 3 sets of 10 reps as advised by a trainer friend of mine.