View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mario,
Thanks for your reply – I appreciate your providing the list – as I mentioned, no two lists are the same for that particular session and these are the published sources! I have yet to find anyone who claims to have a copy of “Shake Your Moneymaker” and I really believe that it was simply mis-titled when first boot-legged.
More interesting and even more frustrating as it can not be proved or disproven without our being able to hear all of the tracks listed, is the claim that Christine Perfect played and sang! on the session. Note that Christopher Hjort’s book is the only one that does not list her as being on the session.
There is no piano to be heard on any of the tracks currently in circulation save for a brief bit on “Hawaiian Boogie / “Evenin’ Boogie” and that was most likely Spencer.
That makes the most likely contender “Crazy for My Baby” – and again, without being able to hear the song we can not know if this was in fact Kirwan’s take on the Little Walter tune (“I Can’t Hold Out Much Longer”) that Perfect would take lead vocals on during the “Kiln House” tour. Did Kirwan take the lead on it here? Or was he already collaborating with her during his first weeks with the band?
It is also a shame that we can not know, which songs, if any, that he played with Fleetwood Mac he had been playing with Boilerhouse....

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead
E. Vedder