View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I feel this way, too. Christine was gone for 15 years, and they did one album.

One album!!!!!
Fleetwood Mac's output post The Dance is nothing short of bewildering. Starting with Christine quitting at the beginning of 1998 and the band going dormant for 5 years. She took the worst years possible off and her performance since she's returned show it. She lost so much of her ability especially from a live performance standpoint - it's simply staggering when you compare her stage presence from 1998 to 2014 and beyond. I get it, we all get old, I'm just saying those particular years to be basically a recluse makes it nearly impossible to return to form at the age of 70+.

Then you have one album that took over FIVE years before it was made and released and a tour to be scheduled. FIVE YEARS! They had such an incredible momentum built in 1997 and they wasted it. I was a senior in high school during The Dance tour and they became incredibly popular with that age group. Here were these "old farts" appealing and being enjoyed by 17 year olds. Instead they went away for years. It just always blew my mind that they didn't do something else in the late 90's and early 2000's. I've always said that 1998 was the perfect opportunity to re-release Buckingham Nicks and do a tour. But alas, that will never occur.

THEN you never release another album again except for a four song EP? Everybody knows new music doesn't sell and setlist of "oldies" bands are going to be old stuff but come on - no other albums of new music from these people?

I blame all of them. Stevie obviously is the main driver as evidenced by Buckingham McVie. But they all get blame here. Where the hell is Mick's leadership as the so-called owner of the damn band? Why didn't he do anything to keep the band as a functioning unit? Well, of course he might have to piss off Lady I'mtheboss and see a reduction in touring revenue if she ever walked. Ugh, this band is always incredibly frustrating to be a fan of.