View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 03:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarboSpeaks! View Post
Hounds Of Love could be a Desert Island Disc for me. I STILL have not heard Aerial, and am told that I suck.

Mentioning Madonna & Kate in the same sentence is alarming, but your ref to what Madge has to offer is something I have always shared a like opinion about. What I have come to discover is that I can appreciate a person that has vague musical talent, but can become a worlwide phenomena based soley on the traits mentioned above. I mean, really, that is something else. Who the hell else has done that and maintained?
Uh ..no one has gone so far on so little and for so long and I give her credit for that.. .in this arena she is one of a kind and her like I hope to never witness again.You're missing out on not hearing Aerial the second disc is a conceptual piece that one critic describes as what Pink Floyd would have sounded like in their prime if Kate had been their lead singer..it also kind of reminds me of Roxy Music's Avalon ..high praise indeed.