View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 04:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
well, it will be interesting to see what the queen has to say at her hall of fame induction in about a week's time. she can thank jimmy for, in her own words, "handing me my solo career" but really, she should thank lindsey for handing her her career, period. even tom admitted that lindsey remains her best producer, and that there were many times tom was confronted with her droning demos and couldn't figure what the hell to do with them when lindsey then came and knew exactly what to do with them.

chris also has said that she wouldn't know what to do with stevie's songs and that when stevie tried to explain what she was trying to do with a song chris "had no idea" what stevie was saying, but that lindsey would just totally get it and be able to translate her non technical incoherence into something musicians could understand.

in many ways stevie, who likes to think she is her own magnificent creation, is really (in the studio at least) the creation of other, more talented people who take her raw scraps, shape them, and tell her what and how to sing. lindsey has said that really, based on the amount of work he did on so much of her material, that many of them should in fact be credited as co-writes. but her ego would never stand for that.

i think the RRHOF induction will just make her more insufferable. the fact that it's for her solo work (much of which is comprised -- certainly so for bella donna-- of songs she had in her collection since before FM, songs that LB worked on and created the basic format of how they should be recorded already.., like that's alright, sorcerer, candle bright, and on and on) will let her pretend she did it all herself or with jimmy. jimmy himself said when he started working with her she had no idea about anything because she let lindsey do everything (so she could dance around and have fun).
100% this. It drives me insane that Stevie's fanatics won't admit these truths. They refuse to believe it.