View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
what a crock of sh*t.

putting down every other woman especially from the current generation, while putting herself on a pedestal of fighting for women's rights?? pleeeeeease.
I gotta say, your initial comments sure seem like you popped off (early) & jumped to assumption here, perhaps due to your apparent disrespect, and/or weary views on Ms. Nicks. Because after reading this interview, clearly Stevie never said anything that should be construed to assume she herself (only) put herself on THE said pedestal, or put down any other women.

I have not meticulously read through every nuance of everyones responses here, but I don't think that anyone has touched upon what I believe to be Stevie's potetial mindset of the question posed about women rights being stripped away today. There is currently a not so subtle assault (particularly from the Republican right wing factions) on all U.S. womens health reproductive rights, ranging from Planned Parenthood attacks to outright vitriol about overturning "Roe -vs- Wade" and a womens right to choose. I think its entirely possible that Stevie does not entirely live in a rock n' roll bubble, and is very aware of this current women's rights political hot potato being regurgitated 40 years later. Stevie clearly had the right to choose and allegedly did so, and I'm sure this is a passionate subject for her and her generation of women.

Last edited by Christopher; 03-17-2013 at 07:44 PM..