Thread: Songbird
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2004, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
David is her original arrangement more difficult to read or less difficult (if there is such a thing)
Compared with the stuff that publishing company grunts notate for the standard sheet music or songbook? I assume most piano players would consider it a smidge more difficult, although I guess it really depends on how facile you are with your sight-reading. I tend to sight-read really well so it's not such a problem. Christine's piano lines aren't terribly difficult to begin with, & certainly Songbird is standard Christine. Other parts of hers -- the acoustic piano on Don't Stop, the Rhodes on Oh Daddy & You Make Loving Fun -- aren't for beginners, but intermediate-level players who understand Christine's approach can pick it all up & build on it.

I hope you guys can find this folio. It has standard staff notation for all the instrumentation & vocals on Rumours, & most of the keyboard notation is really very close to what's on the album. (I have a few quibbles, including the clavinet transcription for You Make Loving Fun.) I can't speak as confidently for the other parts: guitars, bass, drums. But I think they're equally solid.

moviekinks.blogspot.com