View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougl View Post
Thanks for this post. I saw her in Boston at a half filled Orpheum Theater. Took advantage and moved from the balcony to the third row, awesome show! Here’s a review from the Miami Herald mentioning tour attendance (archived at stevienicksinfo site).

https://stevienicks.info/1984/06/a-f...in-fine-voice/
When she comments "this tour I expected more people" is quite the understatement. Like you, I too took advantage of a mostly empty theater and left my seat for about 10 rows back during Say You Love Me.
Her iconic status of being in one of the biggest bands ever and all those hits let alone a hit record currently on the charts is a bit odd.
Lindsey pretty much had the same experience if not worse for his Out of the Cradle tour.
I just wish I had a time machine and could go back in time. I would have been a groupie and showing up in the front row every night. Tickets only about $14.00 back then.
She toured by bus in 1984 and her tour bus was named "The Challenge". It was a very colorful and professionally painted bus that had the name painted on it. Saw it parked about 2 blocks from the theater the night of the concert. Gosh why did I not bring a camera.
I felt embarrassed at the turn out. There is a recording of Ask Anybody on Youtube where she exclaims "Its so quiet here" to the audience. It was from St Louis.
But we saw history and a fantastic concert. Funny story about the show that I am surprised was not mentioned in this concert review. She came to the stage and said "How are you Detroit" After Say You Love Me she apologized over and over and made a joke of it and said "I knew I was going to get that screwed up somewhere" Pittsburgh is not Detroit

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-06-2021 at 05:08 PM..