View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svnwndrs View Post
30th Anniversary of the release of Behind The Mask is coming up soon. Any thoughts, opinions or memories of this album? I love Love Is Dangerous and In The Back Of My Mind. The former is funky rock, and the latter is experimental and trippy. It also is a good showcase for all members of the band. I also like Save Me, Affairs Of The Heart, Behind The Mask and Freedom. As for When It Comes To Love? I like it but compared to the rest of the album, it’s in my least favorites. Also, sorry I got a little off topic...
It has some fantastic tunes and sounds more like a band than Tango. Like many, I'm not crazy about the direction or production of some songs. Even the running order could be changed. I would have had more piano on some of Christine's songs vs. a Casio sounding toy keyboard. (Same goes for TIME) I blame the producer for not pulling that out of her even though her writing is fantastic on this album.

Overall, Billy and Rick are extremely talented and fit in with the blues/funky sound of the rhythm section. I give kudos to Stevie for sticking in the band, even though her contributions are more appreciated on other songs. I'm not crazy about her songs. I love her vocals on Skies, and Love is Dangerous, Behind the Mask, and In the Back of My Mind. Huge love for the B section where Christine takes over in "In The Back of My Mind."

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-31-2020 at 01:48 PM..