View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
Agreed. In 5 years or more most people won't care or even remember this tour and or this lineup. What FM did was no different then other bands like Styx, Foreigner, REO Speedwagon, Chicago etc have done which is playing the hits to mostly indifferent people who just want the hits they know and love. When the band finally retires it will not be this lineup that people remember.
Very true. But I don't think they care especially at their age. Part of them probably do want to make new music but how can they pass up such large amounts of money to play the hits over and over no matter what the line up is. There are a few artists like Bruce who have chosen to do small theaters and play to core fans with songs only they would know. This makes me admire the Buck/Vie tour so much. Chris and Lindsey did not do that tour for the money because while profitable they were not making millions. They did it for the love of their craft.

On another note, this tour will be one of their most successful ever (sorry to the haters who flamed me for knowing it would happen). The masses don't care who is singing Monday Morning or Go Your Own Way as long as Stevie is backing them up.