Thread: Prerecords
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
As I've long said, they decided to fire Lindsey before MusiCares but couldn't pull that trigger until after the event.

So by the time Lindsey backed off his demands–to delay FM with a tour supporting his compilation of solo material, or to intersperse solo shows on FM off days–the decision to fire him had already been finalized.

That's why the conflicting narratives ("we reached an impasse" vs. "I acquiesced to their demands and they fired me anyway") are each accurate in the minds of the respective parties.
Nothing is inaccurate on Lindsey's mind. I'm sure he understood the decision had already been made even though he backed off his demands. I'm sure he realized this had already been planning since Classic East. But he probably thought that after, what? 43 years of work , they could, maybe, I don't know, made an exception? Change their minds? Pardon him for whatever he may have done?

Because truth is we still don't know what was exactly that he did that was soooooo terrible that they couldn't change their minds, no matter what.

There's no misunderstanding in what they did in any minds.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.