View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieNicksfann View Post
And to this point, for the life of me, I can not understand why copies of the CD are not offered for sale at the merchandise table during the concerts. The whole point of tours in the big picture is to promote the album. Past or present. The name of the tour is 24 Karat Gold. She plays songs from the album, tells stories about the writing so have the CD available. You have so much other product there, why not the vinyl or CD? I don't get it. Even 1 sold is money in the bank and helps the charting, and the industry as a whole. It's just a win-win for everyone. Don't have people going, I like the new songs she played but ask where is the CD at the merchandise table.
People didn't go to the 'Stevie Nicks 24 Karat Gold Tour' for the '24 Karat Gold' part. They went for the 'Stevie Nicks' part. Most of these people are not die-hard fans. They probably thought 24 Karat Gold was just the name of the tour, rather than an actual album. They went to see Stevie Nicks in all her witchy shawl twirling glory, singing Rhiannon and all her classic hits. They don't care about new music.