View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 02:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
Exactly, it's not about the money for new recordings, most of that goes straight to the big record company anyway . Stevie's far from ignorant, and must know, at her age, her selling marketability is limited. Sure, a hit single will sell more concert tickets, but Stevie is already a proven commodity. So while IYD may not have been cash cow, platinum selling album for Stevie, it was far from a flop. It was a creative resurgence, not only for Stevie, who had long started peppering her set-list with numerous covers to avoid sleep-walking through her set. But more importantly for her fans! "In Your Dreams" single-handidly reaffirmed and revitalized her hardcore fans who were beginning to grow weary & unimpressed (myself included) If it weren't for the hundreds of bootlegs to sustain my interest for over 15 years and IYD hadn't come along when it did, I would have lost interest @4 years ago, after the "Greatest Hits" w/ a deep cut or two thrown in - Unleashed concert tour of 09'. This coming from a fan of over 30+ years!
Too bad that a creative resurgence has to come so late and so many years from other original material. The long dry periods make her lose fans and every new album, which appears 7 to 10 years after the last, has to be some re-entry or comeback. IYD came so many years after TISL. And she was 63 years old. I mean, come on. Now I am back to bootlegs and unreleased demos...