View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 01:00 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
Hi No Light,
I agree with much of what you've said and you've expressed your thoughts accurately and respectfully. I especially like this comment:

I believe there is a huge missing piece in Stevie's life story that she has not captured well in either her writing or any of the "historical" perspective she puts forward. She has to know that her loyal fans have heard it all before and would be tired of hearing the same recycled stories with lots of inaccuracies thrown in for whatever reason she chooses to do so. She totally doesn't get the fan experience. I really have to wonder if she's ever asked herself the question, what do they see in me and how have they stood by me through all of the drama and disappointments through the years. The most current example is her hype around this 2013 tour and how wonderful it's going to be. Wonderful for whom? She and Lindsey or the thousands of fans paying money they can't afford to see her put as little effort as possible into songs she's sang thousands of times? This would be a great opportunity for self analysis and ask a few tough questions of herself: what I'm I bringing to the fan's experience and are they getting their money's worth? The toughest question I think is have I earned this loyalty they show me when I've disappointed them too many times to count over the years? The wonderful moments like the Wiltern show are just way to rare to warrant constant attention and shelling out the big bucks. My #1 reason for sitting out this tour.

Hi On Ice! I'm sorry it's taken so long for me to get back to you.

If this happened, if she got real with herself and us, we would see a different Stevie Nicks. I think that because she gets so much love from us that she thinks we love EVERYTHING she does. She gets our approval at every show. But when it comes to asking us how we feel...she doesn't ask us. And we can't ask her because there is no way to ask her. She sings for us but won't talk to us.

This changed when she recently did the q and a's for the doc, and talked to the fans. For the first time, she addressed us. This, after no other way to contact her. Had I been there, I would have told her about my love for some of her demos. I would not have cared about her reaction. I would have been nervous. But I would still tell her.

At these q and a's she admitted that she knows we would love a piano and Stevie tour, no other instruments. She said it would be great, but not practical.

I think it's easier for her to do the same songs because it's less work for her. I think her concerts are easy money for her...she knows what to do. Is she milking us? Sometimes, when I look at it, yes, she is milking us.

I think it's all about respect. Does she respect us? At the q and a for the doc, in the video I saw of the event, at the end when fans are outside waiting for her to exit the theater, she walks right by them and gets into her SUV. In my opinion, she could have stopped and talked with them. They were few in number. But she just got into her car with Karen. These fans are the ones who make sure Stevie has a nice house to live in. I would think that she would take the time to greet them. I've seen and heard of this behavior of her's way too much by other fans and it disappoints me no end. I've heard of people coming from out of state to a show and standing in the cold. She lets them stand there.

To defend Stevie on this, she learned how to tour from Fleetwood Mac. And being in a huge band, they, I guess, didn't stop to greet fans as much. I am guessing. So she doesn't do it in her solo career either.

Stevie made it known at the q and a's, that she knows what we want. She knows we want to hear different songs. She knows we want more new material. I guess it's just a matter of doing it. She knows some of us want to hear Sisters of the Moon at this coming concert.

We love Stevie too much to miss a show, either hers or FM's. But what other way can it be shown her that we are tired of the same ol'? I guess if we stopped paying for the same show?

I don't blame you for sitting out this coming show. I sat out the IYD shows after her mom died.

In the end, I agree with you that she doesn't get the fan experience, our experience. I also think it's about laziness. It's about singing Landslide over and over. It's about not respecting us, her fans.

Last edited by NoLight77; 03-10-2013 at 01:50 AM..