View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
I agree. It's not like IYD made her any real money. If she was only in it for the dough, she wouldn't be making albums. She'd be loading up on Greatest Hits tours and GH albums and wouldn't give a f**k about giving us new material.:
Exactly, it's not about the money for new recordings, most of that goes straight to the big record company anyway . Stevie's far from ignorant, and must know, at her age, her selling marketability is limited. Sure, a hit single will sell more concert tickets, but Stevie is already a proven commodity. So while IYD may not have been cash cow, platinum selling album for Stevie, it was far from a flop. It was a creative resurgence, not only for Stevie, who had long started peppering her set-list with numerous covers to avoid sleep-walking through her set. But more importantly for her fans! "In Your Dreams" single-handidly reaffirmed and revitalized her hardcore fans who were beginning to grow weary & unimpressed (myself included) If it weren't for the hundreds of bootlegs to sustain my interest for over 15 years and IYD hadn't come along when it did, I would have lost interest @4 years ago, after the "Greatest Hits" w/ a deep cut or two thrown in - Unleashed concert tour of 09'. This coming from a fan of over 30+ years!

Last edited by Christopher; 03-09-2013 at 08:57 PM..