View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 07:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Oh, and here's my unpopular Stevie opinion -- I'm tired of fans saying she's "only in it for the money."

Do I believe the woman likes being rich? Of course I do. But 40 years in, I'm not sure why she has to keep proving to people that it's about more than just the money for her.

She could have easily sold off her publishing rights for millions and retired years ago, if that's all she cared about. Meanwhile, she's still recording (17 songs over the past few years) and writing.
I agree with you, Rhiannondon'tgo and Mike^^^

You know, I posted awhile back on this topic "Stevie in it for the $". I don't believe this is ALL true. I truely believe that Stevie likes being in a "live" RnR band, she has told us this numerous times, and I don't doubt it. Am I naive to believe that she doesn't like to earn money? Hell no, and I don't fault her for it.

She could very well call FM quits and be done. Do her "side" work and be fulfilled artistically and finacially. I may be alone in this opinion, but I believe Stevie can not/will not let go of Mac. She will never be able to face "Yesterday's Gone" when it comes to the band. There is her love affair with the past, the band's legacy, and the bands members (read into what you like) that will always draw Stevie back in.

Aside from this fact, I do believe she considers her bandmates her long-term friends, which she should. She has this need to be needed and helpful. Stevie sees this as an opportunity to make some money, (hopefully) have some fun, and also help her mates out in the process. Let's not even bring up the fact that Jess and Barbara fixed her and Chris up pretty nicely in recent years.

I think that she gets alot of flack for "doing it for the money" b/c she will not/is not interested in creating a new album with Mac. It's not as if Stevie has a house full of children/teens and another mortgage to pay off or even a brand new restaurant in Maui. Stevie is stepping up to the mike to help her old mates out. Of course, she is doing it for the money and the spotlight, too. But she is doing it with an open heart and is genuinely concerned for her friends.

Her heart is in the right place, even if she just "phones" in her performances...all that tells me, as a fan is that she often has true intentions in the "grand idea" of things and gets bored very easy when the band tours for a whole year or so.