View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The wine and cheese crowd must have heard my complaints cause last night the audience had more pep. Still not the usual reception she gets but much better. She was more lively too so I know the saturday night audience was a drain on her and the bands energy. And a test of my patience!

My notes from last night are written on napkins so bear with me.
On her first story she had to start over but I don't remember much of what it was. The lady behind me wanted to know when she "started" FM so I was dealing with that.
Ravinia: A unique venue--sounds like something from Game of Thrones. She wanted a broom to fly over everyone on the lawn having a candlelight picnic--seemed enamored with this. Wouldn't be surprised if she comes back!
Belle Fleur: she told Jimmy she hated the way it was recorded so it went in the vault. The Toyota story and how much they loved that little car. It was like that commercial--we loved Brad. She sounded exactly like the commercial and everyone cracked up.
Wild Heart: writing WH songs while recording Mirage, then had to go on tour for Mirage "which was a fairly long tour" What??
Starshine: she told the Tom Petty story.
Landslide: dedicated to "my first love Steve Dahl" who was in the audience. Not sure of name spelling but it sounded like doll. She lived in the house with a few guys from South Africa and her friend and the poodle. The guys had jobs and money so they went out to dinner and she stayed behind to write the song. Lindsey was off being an Everly brother, etc.
Band intro: another drummer they had for a short time was airlifted to Cedar Sinai so they got together with MusiCares and Taylor Hawkins suggested this guy (Drew Hester). I goofed yesterday and thought it was Scott Crago.
Rhiannon: she flubbed the lyrics somewhere in the first few lines but I doubt if anyone noticed.

More in a bit