View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Exactly. They're staying hidden so that people won't know that it's a karaoke band now.
It’s been a karaoke band since 1997…

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
IF they were that committed to forming a new band, why are they waiting until August to even start rehearsals? (and they have their first gig in September!)
That’s how it was in 1987. Lindsey quit on Aug. 6 and the first show was Sept. 30. It’s Rock and Roll, not rocket science.

Quote:
In my opinion, it's pretty clear they are doing the bare minimum to hobble everything together for the next 8-10 months of touring. All talks of possible new music? that sure ended quick and now looks to be replaced with yet another greatest hits/box set for their 50th anniversary. Who saw that coming? LOL...
Who’s to say that there won’t new music on the box?

Quote:
They've had plenty of time to...record a single song.....
How do you know they haven’t?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Lindsey IS the creative force that made our band who they are. They'd have died 30 years ago without him.
They could have died 31 years ago because of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
If you're implying neil finn as not a flop of a solo artist, well that's just as subjective as you saying Lindsey was a flop of a solo artist.
Finn and Lindsey are cut from very similar cloths. They’re both the type to place art over commercial viability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
But that's anecdotal evidence, not factual. Facts involve verifiable statistics such as album sales & tour revenue. There's no way that globally, Finn/Crowded House/et al outsells Fleetwood Mac, end stop.
Nobody suggested they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I really dislike the entitlement of Neil Finns fans who run aroung proclaiming him and Crowded House world famous against all evidence of the contrary.
He is. Verifiably. Maybe not a megastar, but he’s internationally famous. Finn was awarded an OBE (Officer of the British Empire), a couple of steps below knighthood, for his contributions to music. So clearly he’s achieved some level of noteworthiness.

Quote:
He was a 1 hit wonder 3 decades ago, and Rumours alone sold 4 times as many copies as his combined life's work. It's no mystery why he has no name recognition.
He had more than one hit, and the last time FM had a hit was 28 years ago.

Quote:
I was simply responding to Sugar Mouse, who has been trying to sell Finn to us for months as this miraculous living legend. I’m just not buying it. Even if he WAS, I wouldn’t give a damn.
I don’t know if he’s miraculous, but he was awarded an OBE (Officer of the British Empire) for his contributions to music.

THE Stephen Hopkins