Thread: Anyone Else...
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Junior Ledgie

Red face

Thanks Nico for your post.

I agree with most of it just a few things though. Bob wasn't abusive to Sara in the physical sense. He cheated on her constantly in the last years of their marriage. But that happened when he returned to the road.

Before then, he surprisingly had been faithful. But once you start touring old temptations die hard. As far as any abuse I think you are talking about the slap Sara claimed in divorce documents.

I found through some sources close to the Dylans that it was a lie. That Sara made that up as a tactic to get sole custody of their kids. Which is why their divorce documents when officially got finalized got sealed. Cause there were revisions made such as taking that incident out once there was a settlement.

I dont blame Sara. I can see how hurt she was by Bob's philandering. And she didnt feel the kids would be in a stable environment given Bob's touring. Sara and Bob actually breifly reconciled in the 80's. But they decided they were better off friends and remain so to this day. Bob took Sara to the Golden Globes back in 2000.

Also there hasnt been any other accounts of Bob pulling any Lindsey type stuff with women. He was still womanizing according to his ex-girlfriends but that was it. Don't get me wrong, Bob has his personal flaws.

But womanizing is a flaw I can live with compared to the other horrid things I've read some of my former heroes do. I'm fine with Lindsey and willing to look past it since he seems to be in a better place.

As far as John Lennon, I've read too many repulsive things he did in his personal life. It really tainted the music for me. But if you can get past it that's awesome. I can't mainly because some of the same tragedies that happened to him I experienced as well. And I never used it as an excuse to be terrible to people. Guess I'm too close to be objective.