View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesPaul7 View Post
As mentioned above, the information in the Hjort book is based off old studio logs, and Green went in for ten days in May. What was put to tape is a mystery, but I remember something about “Sandy Mary”.
personally i agree with rich, stating "it muddies the waters more than clears anything up." even if it's a fact that peter booked the studio for the mentioned 10 days - that doesn't necessarily mean that he actually went in and recorded anything (it happens now and again that in the end booked studio time is cancelled again).

and if we go another step further and ASSUME peter having recorded some stuff during that time - when he was "apparently unsatisfied with what he gotten on tape", then i'd say that it's highly unlikely that anything might have survived. you have to realize that not only studio time but also tape material was very expensive, so the tapes probably were wiped for reuse. remember: even the multitracks and original mastertapes for an album such as "then play on" have gone missing and are most probably not around anymore - not every record label had an according foresight for every of their artists.

but o.k. - hope is always the last to die, innit?! and again we've slid SLIGHTLY off-topic . . .

Last edited by lazy poker; 11-22-2020 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: added aspects