View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 12:03 PM
Junior Ledgie

How could a song that has been (presumably) demo-ed, recorded, re-written, and re-recorded still be so undercooked lyrically? Each verse is only two lines long?!?!? And the instrumentation on "Sleeping" - just like the first two songs - is so spare and mannered and sterile it makes the odd percussion overdubs and samples stick out awkwardly even further. And just like the first two songs, the "middle eight" which begs for a guitar solo or something interesting musically to happen just lays there lazily. All that being said, the chorus - musically - is an earworm that I have not been able to shake yet.

It makes me sad that none of these three songs work for me. Lindsey is up there on my personal Mt. Rushmore of my favorite musicians but the songwriting, production, and guitar playing are each lacking in different ways on these tracks IMO.

As for what the phrase "Sleeping around the corner" means, I take it to mean something along the lines of "I'm just around the corner. When you want/need me, you know where to find me."