View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Nikolaj;911924]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Yes, we should all get our advice from the notorious metabolic expert Dr. Lisa Hartman. I'm sure her assertions are backed by reams of clinical trial data. And we all know that food like fruits, vegetables and soups don't contain any liquid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post

Oh, Hej, you're hilarious. Blame ME, poor Lisa never said it anywhere public, unless you consider a restaurant that we all dined at as giving advice to the public, at a table for 3.
The obvious truth that there is liquid in soups and vegetables and other foods you may have while eating is a different concept than washing away enzymes by adding a beverage at the same time to whatever you're consuming.
You and your rolling eyes that you have you rolled in my direction, repeatedly. So superior is your intelligence, I realize. Lots of people have way more smarts than I do, the ones with class don't need to be smug about it.
Having an open mind doesn't necessarily mean than thee here is all vacuous 'n stuff, and needing to lose weight only once since I was about 23, at age 40, suggests to me that the 'wait til you're finished eating to drink' advice wasn't bad for me to follow.
I wasn't saying it was sound medical advice or 'correct'. I was just wondering if anyone else had ever heard it, and I guess I have my answer! That's what I wanted. So, it's all good.
I conceded that it may not have any merit, especially for those with a good amount of weight to lose.
Anyone in the throes of weight loss; massive, or not, has my respect.
My apologies if there was a misunderstanding; my eyes were rolling at Lisa Hartman, not you. Although I must admit that the fact that you lend any credence to her saliva-as-metabolizer theory does merit a momentary darting of the eyes. ;p

I suspect Mrs. Hartman-Black is another one of those aging Hollywood former starlets who tries to make it all look so effortless. For some reason it's considered gauche to be super diet-conscious and admit to having a gym membership. If I hear another twig-thin model insist that she eats In and Out Burger and Krispy Kreme all the time and never works out, I will scream! I would love to hear a model finally admit that she maintains her figure through drastic calorie restriction, rigorous exercise and cigarettes.