View Single Post
Old 08-02-2004, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by face of glass
That the band members have recently been stating that "'Silver Springs' should have been on the album" doesn't mean much to me. It's all reflective of the success the track had as a single in 1997 (plus the image of Nicks belting out the words to Buckingham, more emphasis on the drama of Rumours); that's why it was added to the DVD-A and the Enhanced CD.
In my hard work of trying to get "Family Man" out of this survivor thing I hadn't read your post carefully, and I must say that I REALLY agree with you. I don't consider "Silver Springs" to be overrated (mind you, it's one of my favorite Fleetwood Mac songs), but like you, I think it just wasn't on Rumours. The fact that the band has been telling us almost all the time that it actually "should have been" probably reflects the quality of the song, the value of it in time, the way it touched so many people... If it would've been in Rumours it could've been one of its greatest songs. But it just wasn't. And its insertion in these reissue things should just be seen as a 'bonus track' addition even if it's in the middle of the CD. JMHO of course.

Oh yes, this round I will vote for You And I, Part II