Thread: "Why" re-edited
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default "Why" re-edited

A while back, I put together a compilation of Fleetwood Mac's post-Green/pre-Buckingham & Nicks singles, along with some of my favorite album tracks.
I wanted to include benchmark songs like "Future Games," "Woman Of A Thousand Years" and "Sands Of Time," but the length of the tracks was limiting the amount of songs I could include... so I used Audacity to prune the tracks a little. I tried to remain true to the "vibe" of the original songs, mainly just editing down long instrumental passages, but also, in some instances, editing repeated verses or choruses.

Anyway... I also decided to edit the long instrumental opening to "Why". But as I working on it, I decided to try something... I always thought the coda should have been longer (similar to the live versions), so I worked on lengthening it a bit.

Now that I have a high-speed connection, I figured I'd post it in case anyone was interested in hearing it. I can also post the edits for the other songs too, if anyone wants them.

Let me know what you think -- love it or hate it.

"Why" (edit)