View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 08:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i think you are completely right. hopefully LBFreakazoid will tell us a bit more about what he/she meant with the question. b/c if one is looking for THE LB song to a general listener, it will be GYOW, without a doubt, probably like Landslide is for SN.

but if one is looking for an acoustic LB song on par with Landslide than we'd have to go the route of songs we discussed above. or if we are discussing ballads, and not rocking songs, we have to go yet another different route.

of course, LB said in 92Y last year that if he'd have to pick the song that he thinks most represents him, he would say Big Love.

on the other hand, if you look at The Voice yesterday, contestants performed 2 FM songs - Landslide and GYOW.
And watching the Voice prompted the question...

Which led me to the question I was asking....
what would be reflective signature song of LB's?..... Sure GYOW is his "in your face" signature song --- however, Stevie's Stand Back, albeit solo, is her "in your face song".....
And when peeps cover GYOW, either live, on TV, whatever... It just seems to be a total ....
However, peeps tend to cover Landslide - oh my, it works.....

NGBA would seem to be the obvious - however - then why isn't? To me, it's to docu and not wistful enough, and too intiminating for peeps to peform -- and that's why, I personally feel that SMAP is a comparable to the reflective Landslide - And the question was - why do you think it hasn't struck the same chord (and NO pun indeeded?) cause the indie crowd lurves it!

I'm just asking cuz I really love to heard the points of view from the people on this board

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it