View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
You are assuming that they are deliberately stealing song titles. It's very likely they are entirely unaware of a previous song with the same title. It happens a lot of times. Yet Stevie's For What it's Worth is the same title of a well-known Buffalo Springfield song. Why she chose that title is very puzzling , since she must have known the originally titled song.

It's rather alarming there is a generation that has no idea who Paul McCartney is. It reveals how shallow their refererences and depth of knowledge of classic rock and roll music is. Even though I grew up in the 1970s, I was also informed about the musical eras of the 5os and 60s, and found lots of seminal and groups and artists with as much great music as the current era.
I dont know if they are stealing titles but I do agree on writers not knowing about the same title is out there already.

I'm alittle shocked about the young music fans dont know who Paul is.
I guess their parents did not give their children classic rock 101 lessons.

On the reverse side .Fans my age or older probably never heard of One Direction and others current artists.I learned alot from this forum and other internet sources about the current artists and bands.I did not know who Nicki Minaj was until Stevie had some words about her.

My parents and my sisters always had the radio or records playing when I was young.
I enjoyed their music from their generations and still enjoying it today.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016