View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default More press

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...=entertainment
Fleetwood Mac 'Extended Play' Released As Band Debuts New Songs

Earlier this month veteran rockers Fleetwood Mac promised fans they would soon be releasing new music, and Tuesday morning they did just that.

Made up of Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, and Lindsey Buckingham, Fleetwood Mac released a four-track EP called "Extended Play" on Tuesday, available exclusively through iTunes.

"One of the things we thought would be a good idea before we hit the road would be to go into the studio and cut some new material," Buckingham said at a Philadelphia concert in April. "So last year we did that. It's the best stuff we've done in a long time, and in a few days we're going to drop an EP of new stuff."

The extended play is Fleetwood Mac's first collection of new material in 10 years. The band released its last studio album, "Say You Will," in 2003. The new EP features four songs from Fleetwood Mac: a retro Nicks-penned track "Without You," as well as new songs called "Sad Angel," "It Takes Time," and "Miss Fantasy." Take a listen to "Sad Angel" above.

With more than four decades in the business, the members of Fleetwood Mac are currently in the midst of a North American tour. The tour kicked off earlier this month, hitting cities across the U.S. and Canada before wrapping in Sacramento, Calif. on July 6. The band then heads abroad, kicking off the European leg of the tour in Dublin, Ireland on Sept. 20.

So what has kept the rockers (now all in their 60s) going all of these years, making new music and traveling the world on an exhausting schedule? "It has everything to do with the feeling I get when my fingers touch those keys and I sing that first sentence," Nicks explained to HuffPost Entertainment about her love of making music in December. "It may not save the world but people are gonna love it. Because I love it."