View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

tweet stating basically the same what sodascouts described to us in more detail (and as i told you in messages - i'm so happy for you that you of all people were there to witness it, Nancy!) -

also some descriptions from our FB group including what i was told, and then description from somebody who was at the show:

Braden: He said “Maybe, just maybe I’ll dedicate this one to Stevie tonight” then played Shut Us Down.

Elle: Shut Us Down is the song he uses for dedications on this tour.
Apparently he talked about buckingham nicks success in Alabama and how he’s making a fresh start and how everything is circular and how he and Stevie kinda had their first taste of success there and that this year certainly turned out differently than he expected and so maybe he will dedicate this song to Stevie - something like that. People who were there should correct me.

Braden: Yep, that's correct. Tuscaloosa (and Birmingham I think) were the two shows that Buckingham Nicks played with arguably, their most success. The album was huge in Alabama, compared to other places. He kinda ruminated on the idea of "what would have happened if they responded to that success in Alabama and not joined Fleetwood Mac?" I've heard him say something similar in interviews before, but it was really cool to see him acknowledge it in Birmingham. I think he even indicated that some of the people who were there that night had seen him and Stevie in Buckingham Nicks at one of those shows. It was a very special moment in the show.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 11-13-2018 at 07:27 PM..