View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 10:13 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I think that people will buy tickets only after the tour has started and only if some positive reviews come out. Right now, buying tickets makes not so much sense, no matter how much the band stresses that LB was just another guitar player, he was the sound architect, the driving force behind the tours in the last decades. And me thinks that people liked the band as she was. Adding confusion is the fact that FM now wants to play older stuff, with neither Neil nor Mike being blues musicians at all. I cannot imagine how this mish-mash of blues, pop, rock and country influences will sound, especially with the limited abilities of Stevies voice and due to Chistines (Mick and Johns) aging. And frankly, I would not pay such an amount af money to be their guinean pig.
That's my thinking, also. Our local shows aren't until next spring, so I'm waiting to see how the early shows go. If the reviews are strong and YouTube videos sound good, I'll probably snag a ticket for a March 2019 show. Especially considering the lagging ticket sales, I can't think of a compelling reason to buy tix now.