View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine View Post
Well...hope I can still comment here even 'if' I'm not giving any love to Tango.....sorry, this LP/cd just doesn't do it for me at all. From the cover to most of the songs. Not that I don't mind some of them. I guess its just all the techno stuff....plus Stevie's lack of full involvement or in the way she couldn't for all that she was going through at the time. Or how the band wouldn't allow her the opportunity etc. Its not there for me same way that RAL/ isn't there for me in Stevie's solo stuff. I do like some songs : Mystified/Caroline/Tango In The Night/Welcome To The Room...Sara/ ....I don't care for all the extended versions except maybe the Little Lies with Stevie's ending lines put in. It's just too much techno involved & personally I like more lyrics than music.....I think the song gets 'lost' sometimes when its so long...but that's only IMO.....no offence. I'd say yes its cohesive in one way & not in another. Its more a Lindsey & Christine LP than a full band lp even thought yes Stevie is present.....but it doesn't sound like she was welcomed which is sad....would it have been that way if say it had been Lindsey/Christine/John/Mick??(getting treatment that is?)... I wonder.....Not that I'm making excuses for Stevie.....she did have problems but at least she was getting the help she needed than.....To me they ...the 'band' should've aloud her to re-record 7Wonders with the correct lyrics....personally...I like the outtake of When I See You Again with Lindsey at the end. I think its better....but what do I know I'm only a fan......anyway, hope you don't mind my opinion even though its no 'love' for Tango.....but we all like what we like & its ok...it's all good.....I don't hate it but I just don't love it.....heck I haven't listend to it in sometime now or Mask either......Tusk is probably my favorite of the Mac LP's/cds.......like I said it's all good............
...................wow!