View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Look back at post #7 on this thread, where I relayed my feelings on Stevie's songs on Tango, most notably When I See You Again. I really do like these songs. I think they're some of the most lyrically honest of her career. I think Stevie was pretty gutsy to lay it out there that she was forcibly committed into rehab, and to talk about the depths of her despair in both songs. Neither song may be as lovely to listen to as perhaps Dreams, but they sure as HELL have a of a lot more depth to them.
The fallacy that raw emotion equals art. I can stand on a street corner & scream with frustration & rage, but that's not artistic achievement. Art consists in formalizing experience, giving it structure.

Quote:
And I truly mean it when I say When I See You Again is as artistically adventurous and avant garde than any of Lindsey's Tusk tunes.
You may mean it, but it's a daft notion.

Quote:
I truly do think it's one of the most artistically successful songs the band has recorded for that reason. It may not be the prettiest, but I am SO glad we have it as a snapshot in time.
It's a beautiful song, aching & forlorn & delicate. It gives me chills, sort of. The guitar outro is so simple, so straightforward, but it's perfect. Ahhh.... it's like Buckingham Nicks rising from the grave, 15 years later.

moviekinks.blogspot.com