View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
no it wasn't karma. it was stress. it was betrayal & hate received from his friends and family of 50 years.
Or heredity, or genetics, or stress from a tour. Touring is stressful, even if it's something you love doing. Kind of like riding a roller coaster- you may love it, but it can wreak havoc with your body. Fortunately, a roller coaster is only a few minutes long.

While I have no doubt being fired was stressful for Lindsey, the fact is, genetics and family history play a large part in health, too. Please tell me you agree with that. Unfortunately, Lindsey might have had to have surgery whether he had been fired or not. I really think some folks here would blame FM for Lindsey's emergency surgery even if he hadn't been fired- if he had gone on tour with FM, he would have been stressed because of the way they treated him, or because they wouldn't let him perform solo on dates FM wasn't playing, etc. Lindsey had a medical emergency that, unfortunately, a lot of people have. To me, he was the picture of good health, but that's the thing with the heart- it truly is a silent killer. You can feel fine and then wham! Blaming someone else for a medical condition is... well, a lot of words come to mind, but none I want to use, so I'll just leave it at that.

Billy Burnette had a similar experience- shortly after it was announced Lindsey had been fired and replaced by Neil and Mike, he had emergency heart surgery. Very sad, and thank God, like Lindsey, he's recovering.