Thread: Atlanta Setlist
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is by far the worst set list I've ever seen! I'm so glad they don't take bets on set lists because I would've lost a ton of money assuming that if 8 songs were actually done and they were that carnival Begin had to be one of them!
Their choices for deep cuts are even worse. With Christine They literally could've picked any song off of the 5 pre 75 albums or really any song from any album other then mirage and I would've been happy. And Christine even recently said mystery to me is one of her 3 favorite Mac albums, while she's never cared for Mirage there should never in any circumstances be more Mirage songs then Tusk songs in a any set list ever! And yes I will acknowledge its cool to get a never before played deep cut, but it's honestly the equivalent to next year trying to be excited Stevie is doing The Second Time. And actually I already felt that last year when Stevie bravely played a buckingham nicks song but it had to be the only one of the three choices I never cared for.
And Lindsey bringing Shut Us Down to the table again? What a waste. Die hards have all seen it and it's not a great live song for casual fans to need to hear.
Remember when Stevie axed Gold Dust Woman but kept Dreams in the set for the 24KG tour? Me Neither. That's basically what I'm seeing here from Lindsey on the insane idea to choose NGBA over Big Love in the acoustic set.

There's literally not one song they are doing to entice me to go to a show. And I was waiting for tonight to decide if I was gonna make a trip somewhere. So glad I didn't buy tickets first. Even simply playing Oh Daddy wouldve maybe enticed me to buy a plane ticket. I'm actually kind of thrilled this set is so bad. It saves me a lot of money.

Again I think this is a really brave set and applaud some of their choices. While I'm one of the few to have always hated Hold Me and wanted to finally hear Oh Daddy I'm glad they're finally doing the one song so many have been waiting to return. Kind of like when Sara or Sisters came back. And 8 new songs is amazing and I guess the most important aspect of this show which they delivered. Game of pretend over songbird but again that's to steal from Lindsey "kind of bittersweet" that carnival begin isn't one of them.

I would like to state and it definitely matters that I'm being 100 percent objective here. I'm Not bwboy (no offense) or someone that would ever go out of their way to criticize these 2 or have some need to defend Stevie.
I am someone who has to call it like I see it and can't not point out that this is one area, Stevie is superior to her fellow rumors era songwriters in this century. Her best songwriting years are behind her, while Christine just wrote a few career best songs, but Stevie throws together a better setlist. And it goes to show even when the set seemed most redundant from 2005 to 2008, it could've been worse. She could've been playing everyday and too far from texas endlessly instead of Fall From Grace and sorcerer

He Will Burn You Down