View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 05:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

'I was left speechless': Bob Dylan breaks two-week silence over Nobel prize

Bob Dylan was left speechless by the news that he was to be awarded the Nobel prize for literature, he has said, breaking more than two weeks of silence since the announcement.

The artist was criticised as “arrogant” by a prominent member of the academy that awards the prize last week, having failed to respond to repeated calls. Even a brief acknowledgement of the award was removed from his website soon after it appeared.

But, in a call with Sara Danius, the permanent secretary of the Swedish Academy, Dylan said: “I appreciate the honour so much,” adding: “The news about the Nobel prize left me speechless.”

And, in a separate interview with the Daily Telegraph – his first since the award – he said he would “absolutely” attend an award ceremony “if it’s at all possible”. Dylan told the paper: “It’s hard to believe … amazing, incredible. Whoever dreams about something like that?”

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...o-week-silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post

The really crazy thing is - my cat really seems to like the album! Every time I play it, she will curl up next to the speaker purring and very relaxed. I don't know why. But yeh my cat really seems to love Dylan's voice even if he isn't Frank Sinatra and can't hold all the notes!
I love that image of your cat enjoying Bob Dylan. Cats are very wise creatures, they know good music when they hear it