Thread: New Music....
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
I totally agree - two months rehearsing for a tour - why not do four months recording before hitting the road? Even if not that then another EP would be great with a song by each writer - Mike Campbell has written and sung a couple of his own in the past.
I think recording an album with 2 new members on such short notice is one reason why. Also, they need to agree on a producer, choose a studio, and align their schedules, since they all live in different areas. Even technical reasons we don't usually think of are in play- it takes months once an album is recorded to actually press the cds and get to stores. Even if they recorded an album in a month, it would barely be ready for release by the time the tour starts.

The real reason I suspect they're not recording an album first is because I think they're going to wait and see how the tour goes before they decide to record together. If the tour doesn't go well, whether it's audience reaction or behind the scenes, then they won't record together. If the tour does go well, then they will record an album.