View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
except, this is completely nonsensical and unproven speculation.

no-name-recognition BuckVie or LB played and filled the Beacon. if huge FM brand played Beacon they would charge an arm and a leg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yep! they would definitely play arenas. and yes maybe not 3 nights in a row in some places.

i've seen tons of social media posts from people at FM shows in 2018 who clearly had no clue who is in the band but knew they were seeing FM and knew the songs.
It’s not nonsensical and completely unproven speculation. An entity called Fleetwood Mac playing the big Fleetwood Mac hits toured in 94-95. That band only got gigs opening for CSN or package tours with REO Speedwagon and Pat Benatar. At the time, Smashing Pumpkins had an alternative hit with “Landslide.”

Less than two years later, an entity called Fleetwood Mac with different people was on a massive arena tour playing the big Fleetwood Mac hits. People might not have had a clue as to who was in Fleetwood Mac, but they sure as hell knew who wasn’t in it.

That said, I agree the Rumours Fleetwood Mac minus Stevie could have played the Beacon and charged ridiculous prices. My observation is that people who go to places like the Beacon have a deeper connection to the music than the arena/stadium/large amphitheater goers. But you’re off your rocker if you think Fleetwood Mac is an arena band without Stevie.

Quote:
that was behind the timing of Stevie's stunt. she was busy in 2017, yes. busy getting Mick and Azoff to side with her.
with Christine back, it appears Lindsey miscalculated and thought he would now have both Mick and Christine on his side.
I agree that Lindsey miscalculated, but I don’t believe that his firing was premeditated, at least not before the November tour negotiations.

Quote:
big mistake, Stevie pulled big money managers!
She didn’t need to pull in Azoff. Lindsey burned that bridge all on his own.

THE Stephen Hopkins