View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That August 1985 issue of Dreams said that Stevie had been recording in L.A. in May with Jimmy Iovine and Rick Nowels. That sparked a few things in my head. If "Mirror, Mirror" was going to be the lead single, and TPTB decided it wouldn't be as effective as another song, was this when Stevie was "encouraged" to record Warren Zevon's "Reconsider Me", to give her a hit single?

Also, when Stevie performed at the Bodega Bay with (then boyfriend) Les Dudek in May 1985, before she sang "Talk To Me", she said, "This is a very new song!" (BTW, mind-blowingly crazily wonderfully wild ragged version, IMO!!!!). So, another song Stevie didn't write coming in later on, possible to boost the commerciality of Rock A Little.

"Chanel, Chanel" ~ Well, the recording we all have is from circa 1998 with Sheryl, yes, so it's another oldie Stevie dredged up from the Vault, since it was on the track listings for Rock A Little in Late 1984. I really like the lyrics to that song! I wonder what the Rock A Little version sounds like!!!